Thursday, November 6, 2008

South Dakota Pheasants

On Sunday evening I returned from a 1200 mile trip that took me to Southeast, South Dakota in search of the elusive pheasant. Not a trip for the weak at heart, especially when you drive there(Aprx. 18 hours). Its not SO much the driving, because there is some beautiful scenery between here and there, but its the sitting in a car that kills you.

This trip included some of the best wing shots that I have ever been around, so there was no room for shooting error. The distinguished list of guest included Oscar Range, Mike Cage, Dan Nance(My Dad's high school buddies), Jeff Hotze, Brian Hotze(Brothers Obviously and family friends), Buddy(A good friend of Oscar's from Marshall, TX), my Dad, & I. We also brought a pack of bird dogs with us including Molly, Boss, Duke, Max, Gretta(All Oscar's German Short haired Pointers), Ike(Oscar's 12 year old Black lab and mascot of our crew), Zoe & Roxe(My Dad's German Short haired Pointers). So with the firepower of 8 accomplished shooters and the assistance of 8 of the finest hunting dogs around we set out take the hunting to the next level.



The weather was wonderful, starting in the 30's and peaking in the low 70's under a beautiful blue sky. We crammed as much hunting into those days as possible but never really hunted hard. We ate well, drank much, and came home with 100 pheasants in the cooler. A successful hunt with good friends and I hope to do this every year for as long as I can! What more could you ask for???

4 comments:

Katie Rae Snow said...

Love the pic! WE missed you while you were gone! xo

Susan Snow said...

What about the good food?
Love,
Mom

Katie Rae Snow said...

Dear boyfriend, please update this! Love, girlfriend

Corrie said...

Um, I think an update is WAY overdue! I've linked you on my blog now, so I expect regular updates! :)